Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First Trip Back....HOME!

It's been awhile since I last wrote...oops! What can I say? The college life is busy! This last weekend was my first time back to little Bemidji, MN. It felt like a very long drive and when I finally got there it all seemed so surreal. I ran into my mom's open arms and got the best hug ever! Then we were off in our little beat-up car to our house.

Before I even got all my bags out of the car, my little brother was running down the front porch stairs to give me a HUGE bear hug and spin me around in the air. We tripped and almost fell to the ground but my little brother isn't so "little" anymore...he caught us and kept us from making even bigger fools of ourselves :D I enjoyed a relaxing night at home talking with my mom and then finished the night with a much missed bath!

The next morning was Thanksgiving Day....time to go to DADDY's!!!! Manny and I got ready and had our mom drive us out to Dad's. We were the first of the kids to get there (other than my little sister Brandi, of course) and we were greeted by the new addition of the "farmers" animals...A HUGE TURKEY by the name of Clyde. He strutted right up to us and I felt like I was in the twilight zone! I thought we were eating turkey....kinda made me feel a little morbid and cruel to greet this turkey when I was about to enjoy some turkey meat later that day....

My brothers and sisters all started to arrive and the fun began! Our family is getting bigger each and every year. (There are 8 of us kids and 6 grandkids and 2 our the way!) So to say things get a little crazy sometimes is an understatement but I LOVE IT! We have a great time together :) I'm kind of the oddball because I younger than all the adult siblings and older than all the younger ones so I just bounce around enjoying being with my nieces, nephews, and younger siblings & the adults.
 

The food was delicious like it always is :) I'm lucky to have such a great cook as my stepmom! (Thanks Barb!!!!) And I really appreciate every minute I got to spend with my family.

The next day, my dad, stepmom, little sister and brother, and I all went Black Friday shopping. (Didn't see that one coming!) It was so much fun. I loved the car ride and the laughter that was shared, usually because of my dad and his silliness. We got some great deals and had a blast shopping for the grandkids :) Then we treated ourselves to some chinese for lunch....YUM. It was a great day!

On saturday, I was a little cranky...but my mom and little brother love me so much that they put up with me and tried their best to make me laugh....***key word: TRIED. :P After a good nap, I woke up feeling better and there was dinner waiting for me :) I'm so spoiled now!

I enjoyed dinner and then I was off to Michael Willie's house for a Thanksgiving Get Together with a bunch of friends. I was honestly a little nervous because I didn't know if things would be different because of college but it was a wonderful night. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends. It was a good mixture of college freshmen and high school seniors so that made it even more fun.

We played a ghetto version of catch phrase, a dice game from Pirates of the Caribbean, ate LOTS of junk food, and just enjoyed laughing and catching up with each other.

After the party, Michael, Matt, Lauren, and I all went out to Applebees for half-off appetizzers. We order WAY TO MUCH and barely ate anything but we had a great time :) It was kind of bittersweet. The next morning we would all be going back to our seperate schools and back to the "real world." But as I looked around the table I had this peaceful thought that in heaven we will be able to enjoy moments like this, moments that we wish would never end. All these friends were children of Christ and I smiled with a tear in my eye, as I thought about just how much God had blessed me by putting these amazing people in my life. <3


The next day, I packed up and headed back to Crown College. Austin and Cody picked me up and I enjoyed some quality time with their little sisters in the backseat. (Tori and Lexi are pretty incredible girls!) It was a very very long drive. We were all tired from the long weekend but we did our best to endure the ride. I got to drive from St. Cloud down to Crown and that was fun! We arrived safely back and I am now working hard to finish up the last two weeks of the semester.

It's funny how much you miss something that you used to be so ungrateful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment