Sunday, September 2, 2012

Where did the week go?

I can't believe it's only been a little over a week since I arrived here at Crown College. There has been so much going on! Between classes, homework, and socializing I feel like I haven't had a moment to sit back and process all that has changed.

 To say it's been an emotional rollercoaster would be putting lightly. There are times when I am filled with excitement because of all the new things that I'm experiencing, but then there are also times when I am suddenly so sad that I'm not surrounded by all the people that know me and can understand me without the slighest effort. It's tough to feel like myself in this new setting.

I'm working very hard and actually enjoy doing my "homework" because I love to learn but also that's when I feel like I'm putting all my money to good use. Choosing a private school was very expensive and I will get everything I possibly can out of my time here at Crown. I feel very lucky to be able to have the opportunity for an education.

My roommates, Chloe and Jess, are simply incredible. We all have our distant differences but yet we are so considerate of each other and respectful of each others needs. I'm not naive enough to think that there will not be days when it becomes harder to be so kind but I trust that we will see each through it. We all love to keep our room clean and blast praise music when we are doing homework or just hanging out. :)

I've made some good friends on my floor. There are two girls in particular, that just click with me. One of them is Lexi Smoot! She is from South St. Paul and has just a way of understanding what I'm going through. She is always cheering me up, reminding me that the transition phase will end eventually, and Lexi has a way of making me smile like no one else. The other girl who I've really connected with is Victoria Olmos Gonzalez! She is from Bakersville, California and we instantly were able to talk comfortably with each other and share about our lives. It is so AWESOME. :D I am looking forward to getting closer with each of them!


I also connected with my RA (Resident Assistant) Elaine. She is so sweet and genuine. I love that she always gives me a pat on the shoulder or knee when that's exactly what I need. :) I look forward to sharing my story with her and becoming close friends with her this year.

God has really been working in my heart already. Last night, I had this amazing hour of quiet prayer after a long draining day. And as I silently cried (again emotional rollercoaster!) and thanked God for the things he had already done in my life I prayed for all of the people I care about most. It broke my heart that I'm so far away and each of us are on different adventures but it was so nice to feel like I was able to be there for them through prayer. It was an experience I will never forget. I was able to let go and give all my concerns and desires to God.

There is so much more but I'll wrap it up with these verses which have been popping up everywhere over the last few days...

"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" -Luke 11:11-13


No comments:

Post a Comment