Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Things are coming together! :D

As I sit here in my favorite coffee shop in little old Bemidji, I am thrilled to tell you all that I am one step closer to being ready for college. I have just finished ordering and paying for all my textbooks for the first semester!!!! This is such a HUGE weight off of my shoulders and now my only hope is that they arrive before I need to leave. :)


I am beginning to realise just how close I am to everything changing and I can humbly say that I'm scared for this next step. There is definitely something intimidating about growing up and leaving your home to go to an unknown place filled with responsiblities you aren't quite sure if you are ready for or not. :S But I am encouraged by the fact that I am not the only one in this position and that all the thoughts and emotions running through me are a "normal" reaction to a change of this size.


There is still plenty to do but I am excited to be able to say that there are a lot of things completed that I no longer need to worry about. A big thing I praise God for today, is that all the loan stuff has been figured out. I have enough for first semester and need to trust that He will help me figure out the little bit that isn't covered for next semester. :)

So as the stress comes, I am constantly trying to remind myself that I have a God who provides and my worrying does no good. How thankful I am to not be doing this alone! Taking each day as it comes, has never been my strong suit but that's what I'm going to try to do over these next two weeks in order to remain sane. :P


"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34


No comments:

Post a Comment