Monday, August 20, 2012

I wave goodbye

Today I said goodbye to Bemidji, MN and traveled to Brainerd for a visit with my wonderful Aunt Darla and Uncle Curt. The only difference this time is that I will not be going back to my hometown after this visit but rather I will be jumping into the next phase, also known as, college.

I'm looking forward to this exciting time but as I drove here today, I can truly say that I realized what I am leaving behind. As the sun was shining down on me and the bright blue sky was surrounding me, I was reminded of just how lucky I am. To grow up in a place where the lakes, rivers, trees, and green grass, were there to show me the beauty that life can bring each of us, if we are simply willing to open our eyes and hearts to what's around us, was breathtaking.I couldn't imagine better scenery as I began my journey south.  

The drive gave me plenty of time to reflect on the beauiful memories made and even the hard times that have made me the woman I am today. It was such an amazing time for me to praise God for what he has done in my life so far and to thank him for what he's about to do. All of the stress, and planning, and preparing for my last day in Bemidji disappeared as I just sat in awe of how God's hand had been working in my life.

So as I enjoy a quiet house, (well until my crazy awesome Aunt gets home!) I continue to be thankful for the opportunity I have had to be loved and to love others. I look forward to telling you all about my first days in the dorms, how classes go, and of course all my ups and downs of the college life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment