Friday, August 24, 2012

First day at college

The big first day is over! I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to crawling into my new bed and falling fast asleep but I thought I would let you all know how it went. You better feel special! :)

The day started at 5:30am, when my Aunt Darla and her huge gentle giant of a dog Zion (a great dane) woke me up so we could pack the truck and make the two and a half hour drive to St Bonifacius. It was a nice drive filled with laughter, Panera bagels, and a very fun navigation guide...if only she had a brittish accent. :P As we drove I could barely contain my excitement to finally move in to my dorm and start the college life! And as we got closer, I expected the nerves to hit and the doubts to come but I was pleasantly surprised that I was still just as enthusiatic as the moment I decided on Crown.

We arrrived. I was in awe of the beautiful rolling hills, cute little pond, and the AMAZING trees! You would think that growing up in bemidji I would get used to the trees and lakes but each day I think I grow fonder of God's creation all around me.

 Anywho :) Back to college. After checking my room for damaging, bonding with my roommates while sweating and shoving furniture around our room so it was actually livable, and then registering into the dorms, I finally got my key! I quickly unloaded the truck but then hit quite the roadblock...Where was I going to put all this?!?!?!?! I was overwhelmed by all the stuff and didn't know where to begin with organizing and unpacking it all. But with the help of my Aunt Darla, I eventually got it all situated. Then came lunch with one of my roommates Chloe and her dad which was a fun time sharing our first meal together.

Just when I thought I could relax, I looked at the schedule for the day and realized, "Nope! It's gonna be a long day! A good day, but definitely a long one!" A welcome address was held in the chapel for all of us freshmen, then an academic orientation, and then we had transition talks which were meant to help us deal with the huge change of COLLEGE.

Since neither of my parents were able to make it to move me in I got a chance to call them and tell them that everything was fine and I was moved in and loving everything about it!

 Then I met up with some guy friends I had met here at Crown on an earlier visit, which was SO FUN! We went to the awesome loft in the coffee shop to catch up and enjoy each others company. They introduced me to their friend Paul who..turns out...has the same major as me!!!! Youth/Social Ministry! We talked about so much and clicked instantly. I hope to encourage him and be a good friend because he is quiet lonely being so far away from home. Where is he from you may ask? Indonsia! :) Didn't see that one coming, did ya? I didn't either with a name like Paul. tehe. But he has a great story and I'm so excited to grow spiritually along side him.

Lets see...then we had supper and a little bit of free time. Oh and then we had worship! Which was so powerful. I'm so glad that I choose Crown. After that we had a very interesting skit....It was called THE EXTRAVAGANZA. Basically it was a bunch of older classmen doing funny skits to tell us the rules and the myths of college life and Crown specifically. But I didn't really get the jokes. I'm not really aware of the newest pop culture or viral video fads so I just laughed and pretended to get it. :D

And to wrap up the night, we had a floor meeting which was rudely interuppted by our brother floor (LOTS OF MEN.) barging into it and starting a pillow fight. What the heck? Lol. But seriously, I am exhausted and need sleep because tomorrow is another packed day of socializing. Keep praying for me. please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment