Monday, August 27, 2012

And the Education Begins...

Today was my first day of college classes and I'm happy to report that I'm still very glad that I chose Crown. :) I absolutely loved all of my professors and am excited to challenge myself in these classrooms. There will be a lot of work that needs to be put into everyday but I know that I won't regret hardwork when I succeed!

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I have World Civilization to 1500, Old Testament History, and Foundations of Discipline Making. So today I got introduced to what to expect this semester from those classes...WOW. It's going to be a good year. I will definitely be challenged and have to buckle down and study hard but I'm so excited for all that I'm going to learn and for bettering myself into a great student.

I love getting done with classes at 1pm, it feels amazing to not have to waste time sitting in a classroom when you are not learning anything. That is one huge thing about high school that I couldn't handle! It's so nice to finally feel like I'm using my time for a purpose each and every class time. :)

I'm not a big fan of history so having two history classes this semester is going to be...interesting. If I didn't already feel that my profs are seriously and honestly here to help me through, I would be a little more concerned. But Crown's staff are all so willing to work with you and answer questions and just be here for you. I love them already! :)

My Foundations of Discipleship class is my clear favorite, probably because it's a ministry class and that's my area of choice. It is going to be so awesome! We got our first assignment today and guess what it was!!!!! It's called the Disciple Triad. Basically, ourselves and a partner in the class, have to find one other person at Crown and have a bible study together focused on what it means to be a disciple of Jesus and learn the basics of being a christian. CAN YOU SAY AWESOME!?!?!?!?!

I'm so excited to grow close to my fellow students and grow as a person. It is my prayer that I wouldn't get so focused on the difficulties of college that I forget all the things to be thankul for as well. The first day was a success, lets see what is to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment