Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Time Flys?

Only about a month away? That's crazy! At times it seems like graduation was forever ago yet to realize college is just around the corner is simply incredible. My day-to-day life seems to drag on as I'm consumed with work at the Bemidji Theatre, packing up my room, and helping my family begin to let me go. But while each day seems to take an eternity, I look back on each week thinking "WOW! That went fast!" I'm anxious to get everything underway, to begin this new season of my life but appreciating the mundane responsibilities of my life right now does not come easily. I'm really learning what it means to trust God and wait on him.

For all of you adults reading this get ready to smile at a young person finally admitting you know more then them :)  I have also learned that it is true that the friends you make in high school won't be the most important people in your life. There are so many friendships that have already fallen apart and some that are just beginning to. While this is a bittersweet thing to attempt, it is also something that is a part of life. I am so thankful for the time I've had these people in my life and I know I will always cherish them but soon they will not know me anymore. Yes, they will know my name and face but soon my heart, personality, and overall being will be changed. I hope that I will be changing for the better and I humbly admit that I'm scared to see who I will be after four years of college but I'm also excited for the gift of a fresh slate.

Crown College is a new place where no one knows my story or who I am (or rather who I used to be). I can be whoever I want to be and while some who go off to college, choose to change themselves into who they think they want to be, I choose to go to college uncertain of who Kera Kilde is and excited to discover who she will become. :)

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." -Romans 8:18

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you, Kera! Say hi to Matt Kortus for me if you run into him (he's a residence hall director). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definititely will Emily!!! :D

      Delete