Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Preparing To Say Goodbye...

I know it's only July 10th but I am already getting ready to leave comfortable little Bemidji MN and head off to Crown College.




 There are so many different emotions going on in my heart. It's hard to leave my family behind and I know I will miss them all SO much! But at the same time I'm excited to see if I can do it on my own. I'm looking forward to realizing just how lucky I am to have a mother who does my laundry, helps me find things that I misplace (which is...EVERYTHING!), and is always there to comfort me when the reality of just how unfair life can be falls upon me. Not only will I miss my wonderful mother, I don't know how I'm going to cope with not having my little brother there for me. Manny has always been the closest person to me. As he once told, "we just get each other. I don't have to explain myself with you. Even when I say something with all the wrong words, you understand." (paraphasing of course :P)

I will miss every single person that has spent time listening, praying, and loving me. All the people at the Edge who have been a HUGE part of my life for the past 7 years, all the friends I've made at BHS and Upward Bound, and all the others who don't fit into those categories. Each of you have changed me and shaped me into this person that I am today. God has been good to me! I love all of you and want you to know just how thankful I am for you. As this new chapter in my life begins, I will not forget all the people who were there with me ever step of the way. :)

So as I pack, plan, and prepare for August I am in awe of the support system I have had and thank God for the blessing you all have been to my life.

 For now, I will wait in this inbetween time, trying to enjoy my hometown and all the things that I still get to experience here while preparing to say goodbye to what I have known and step out into the unknown that is ahead.


"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." -Colossians 3:17

2 comments:

  1. Kera~
    Thank you for letting me get a glimpse of you- you are a beautiful young lady and what makes you so beautiful is that you are in love with Jesus! I know He does have some amazing plans for you. ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you for the words of encouragement Laurie :)

      Delete